Atlanta Chiropractor Malpractice & Locked-In Syndrome Lawyer
When most people think of chiropractic care in Atlanta, they envision spinal adjustments, relief from back pain, and a holistic approach to wellness. However, like all medical treatments, chiropractic care is not without risks. In rare cases, malpractice can occur, leading to severe complications such as Locked-In Syndrome.
What is Locked-In Syndrome?
Locked-In Syndrome (LIS) is a rare neurological condition where a patient is completely paralyzed except for their eye movements and, in some cases, eyelid blinking. The individual remains conscious and mentally alert but is unable to speak or move. While it’s commonly a result of traumatic brain injuries or strokes, there are instances where improper spinal manipulations can cause injury leading to LIS.
Common Causes of Chiropractor Malpractice Leading to LIS
High-Velocity Neck Manipulation: This is one of the most common chiropractic procedures, especially for treating neck pain. However, if performed incorrectly, it can lead to arterial dissections. This can subsequently cause a stroke, potentially resulting in Locked-In Syndrome.
Improper Screening: Chiropractors should screen patients for potential risks. Those with a history of strokes, blood clotting disorders, or specific conditions might be at a higher risk. Failure to screen or consider these factors can lead to complications.
Lack of Informed Consent: Patients should be thoroughly informed about the potential risks associated with any treatment. If a chiropractor fails to provide proper information or rushes through the consent process, it might be considered negligence.
What to Do If You Suspect Injury
- Seek Immediate Medical Attention: If you suspect an injury or feel unusual symptoms after a chiropractic adjustment, it’s vital to consult a medical professional promptly.
- Document Everything: Keep a detailed record of your treatments, symptoms, and any conversations you had with your chiropractor.
- Consult an Expert: If you suspect malpractice, it might be helpful to consult another chiropractor or medical expert for a second opinion.
- Contact an Attorney: Should you believe that you’re a victim of chiropractor malpractice, you should reach out to a competent attorney who specializes in medical malpractice.
How The Moses Firm Can Help
Based in Atlanta, The Moses Firm specializes in medical malpractice cases. With their depth of experience and understanding of the intricacies involved in these claims, they can:
- Evaluate Your Case: They’ll assess the details of your situation to determine if you have a legitimate malpractice claim.
- Gather Evidence: From medical records to expert testimonials, The Moses Firm will gather all necessary evidence to bolster your case.
- Advocate for You: Medical malpractice cases can be intricate. With The Moses Firm on your side, you’ll have aggressive representation to ensure you receive the compensation you deserve.
Contact Our Skilled Atlanta Medical & Chiropractic Malpractice Attorney Today
Chiropractic care, when executed correctly, offers numerous benefits. However, in those rare instances where malpractice leads to dire consequences like Locked-In Syndrome, victims deserve justice. The Moses Firm stands ready to aid those in Atlanta and ensure that negligent practitioners are held accountable.